Friday, October 2, 2009

Bourbon Flyers

Again, during Freshers' Fair, I came across these A5 flyers for Bourbon bar in Leeds city centre. For those that have been to Bourbon, you will agree with me that it's really not the most stylish of places (although we love it for it's fantastic Tuesday nights of great music and very cheap drinks!)

However, I think these flyers really are quite stylish. Black is often used in excess to try and make things seem sleek and classy, and I know that in class we have been advised against it by the lecturers in some cases in our design projects. But I think Bourbon has done a good job and the simplistic logos on the front of the flyers, varying in colour depending on the night of the week work really well and give Bourbon a slick image. So even if people don't keep going back to Bourbon for it's stylishness, I think the leaflets will encourage to them to go there for that reason initially!


No comments: